Friday 31 January 2014

The Fault in Our Stars movie trailer

I read the book 'The Fault in our Stars' on recommendation of a friend (Thank you soooo much Hira!), regardless to say once I started reading I couldn't put it down. Even though they were cancer patients and from the looks of it the book wasn't going to have a fairy tale ending where both would be cured and would live happily ever after- yet the book held me captive because the play of dialogues, the wit and the tragedy was consuming.



The Fault in our Stars Trailer #tfiostrailer Poster




Although I knew that a movie on the book will be released, I wasn't psyched about it because normally movies never do justice to books or so I have experienced. I saw the trailer a day after it was released and the entire 02:29 minutes I was looking intently on the screen and only when in the end Hazel says 'Okay' did I breathe and cried "Oh my God!". I think I watched it 3 times in that very sitting and have watched it around 10 times after. I simply never thought that they will be able to make a decent movie but the trailer was 10 times better than I ever imagined it would be. The song "What you wanted" by One Republic that is being played is simply breathtaking and takes the trailer a notch up.

The trailer managed to nail the humor, the best dialogues, the pain, the love, the tragedy and I just have to mention the way they end the trailer on "Okay?"..."Okay" is out of this world! If I were to describe the trailer in one word I'd say, "Beautiful."



Art work inspired by The Fault in our Stars (Source: Tumblr)



No comments:

Post a Comment